Sunday, August 25, 2019

This is one of the best days of the week. There are two and I always know because that's when my mistress puts the harness on me which means we are going in The Car. I still don't like the car and every so often I remember The Accident and start to shake. It's better now because I insist on sitting on the front seat and I have my own seat belt which I must admit stops me from sitting on her lap which she doesn't allow.

Today we go into Town and we walk down the main street. First we go to Winstone's book shop where, if I sit and look hopeful, I am given a biscuit and then, when she's finished talking, we go across the road to another shop where they have a water bowl outside. We make our way down the hill, (lots of interesting smells)  and meet friends and other dogs. Most of the dogs we meet are friendly but some growl and glare. I'm not having that! I bark loudly. Don't you think of messing with me, I tell them!

Often we meet friends and go into a shop for coffee. I have learnt that it is best for me to sit under her chair because I can then watch people and their dogs. I think it is what you call being in private because no-one really knows I am there. When the weather is nice we go to the bottom of town and sit outside the Cross Keys at a table with a big umbrella. From under her chair I can see everything! It is in the little market square where there are lots of people going about and buying things like bread and cherries and books and jewellery.

This is my second favourite day, and I so look forward to it. I will tell you about the very best day tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment